The Tennessee STEM Education Center (TSEC) aims to serve as a model of expertise and leadership in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) education through growth of internal and external research initiatives, fostering of partnerships, and expansion of educational programs. TSEC seeks to partner with stakeholders invested in STEM education to achieve a position of local and national prominence.
- Encourage and promote the development of quality undergraduate and graduate programs in STEM education.
- Provide collaboration and support for STEM education projects, grants, and research.
- Broaden engagement of students and educators in STEM to provide communities with a skilled and STEM-literate workforce.
- Influence local, state, and national policies related to K-20 STEM education.
- Facilitate quality STEM opportunities for students and teachers through ongoing workshops, camps, institutes, and outreach events.