Position Posting Procedures
Lightning CareerLink - The university's only comprehensive job-search platform for students and alumni! We welcome you to post professional positions requiring a minimum of a *bachelors* degree, local part-time jobs, and supervised internship/co-op positions preparing students for related post-baccalaureate professional career fields.
Fall Career Fair - The Fall Career Fair is the only campus-wide career fair of the academic year. It is typically held in October. Please visit our Fall Career Fair page for more information.
Department Career Fairs - Throughout the year, several academic departments host their own fairs. These are smaller fairs for specific majors/fields. Please visit our Career Fairs Page for more information on how to register.
Interview Room Reservations - Rooms are available to employers who wish to coordinate their own interview schedules. There are 4 interview rooms available on a first come basis. Interviews start as early as 9:00 a.m. and end by 4:30 p.m. Employers are encouraged to post a position or attend one of our career fairs to collect resumes from which to build their own schedule. You can register for a date here.
Employer MeetUps - Informal networking and recruiting is available in the Student Union Atrium and
Keathley University Center commons at not cost. Come ready to mingle and engage students
where they are, right on campus! Please email email@example.com with your requested date, time, and location, and we will do our best to accommodate.
Classroom Presentations - Are you interested in speaking to a classroom or student organization? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!
Branding Your Organization
- Maintain your presence by actively posting positions in Lightning CareerLink.
- Consider becoming a sponsor for a career fair. We typically have 3 sponsors for the Fall Fair. Sponsorship is available at the time of registration on a first-come basis.
- Attend career fairs on a regular basis. Our student population is constantly changing.
- Include your MTSU alumni in recruiting activities on campus.
- Send the Career Development Center a picture and paragraph of an MTSU student or recent alum working in a position for which you have posted in Lightning CareerLink. We can put this on social media to create a greater awareness of the position.
- Contact MTSU academic departments for information on their programs.
- Connect with Student Organizations.
- Student Organization Directory - click on student org name then on member roster in the upper right to locate student contact.