Undergraduate Change of Major/Program
After consulting with your academic advisor and your MT Enrollment Counselor, you may request a change of major or minor by completing and submitting the online Change of Major/Program form. You should carefully consider the decision to change a major or minor, and should consult with your academic advisor prior to submitting the form to ensure that your major/minor selection meets your career goals as well as abides by University policy. You will also want to consult with your MT One Stop Enrollment Counselor to discuss any potential impact a change of major or minor may have on your financial aid and/or scholarships.
Important information to consider when planning to change major or minor:
- Certain majors require specific minors or may limit minor choices.
- Students cannot double major, nor double minor in the College of Business.
- Some majors in the College of Liberal Arts offer a choice of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS). Students should see an advisor for further explanation.
- Requirement related to minors vary by major. For example, some majors do not require minors, some have built-in minor(s), some require one minor while others require two minors. Students should consult the Undergraduate catalog or their advisor for more information.
- If you have already turned in an Upper Division and Intent to Graduate form for any major, you many no longer use the online Change of Major/Program form. Students should complete an Upper Division and Intent to Graduate form for the new major and submit it to the appropriate college Graduation Coordinator: Please consult with your academic advisor and or MT One Stop Enrollment Counselor for more information and assistance.