Undergraduate Change of Major/Program
After consulting with your academic advisor and your MT Enrollment Counselor, you may request a change of major or minor by completing and submitting the online Change of Major/Program form. You should carefully consider the decision to change a major or minor, and should consult with your academic advisor prior to submitting the form to ensure that your major/minor selection meets your career goals as well as abides by University policy. You will also want to consult with your Enrollment Counselor to discuss any potential impact a change of major or minor may have on your financial aid and/or scholarships.
Important information to consider when planning to change major or minor:
- Certain majors require specific minors or may limit minor choices.
- Students cannot double major, nor double minor in the College of Business.
- Some majors in the College of Liberal Arts offer a choice of a Bachelor of Arts (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS). Students should see an advisor for further explanation.
- Requirement related to minors vary by major. For example, some majors do not require minors, some have built-in minor(s), some require one minor while others require two minors. Students should consult the Undergraduate catalog or their advisor for more information.
- If you have already turned in an Upper Division and Intent to Graduate form for any major, you may no longer use the online Change of Major/Program form. Students should complete an Upper Division and Intent to Graduate form for the new major and submit it to the appropriate college Graduation Coordinator: Please consult with your academic advisor and or Enrollment Counselor for more information and assistance.