Fall Undergraduate Research & Creative Activity Open House
The Open House is an informal poster session that showcases undergraduate student research and creative projects at MTSU. All students, particularly new students and transfer students, are invited to attend. This event is an awesome opportunity to experience the world of undergraduate research – learn more about the different projects that students pursue, ask questions about how they became involved in undergraduate research, meet some current faculty mentors, find out details about our spring URECA grants, and learn about SOAR, our student organization decided to undergraduate research. And, FREE lunch!
- Who Should Attend? Any student who is interested in learning more about how to get involved in undergraduate research and/or work on a creative project.
- When: Thursday, November 4th from 11-1pm
- Where: Science Building Atrium, 2nd Floor
- Registration Status: Opening Soon
New to the Open House?
For students who have not been to the in-person poster exposition, here's how it works:
- When you arrive, you will check-in at the registration table. You will be given a program featuring the student presenters and project titles.
- Next, you will select at least 5 posters to visit. The posters will be numbered so you will stop at each poster of interest. The student presenter will give you their 2-minute elevator pitch elaborating upon their project and then provide you with an opportunity to ask questions. Afterward, the presenter will initial your program and you can move on to the next poster. For time management purposes, it should take about 15-30 minutes to visit 5 posters, depending on the number of questions asked of the presenter.
- After visiting the 5 posters, you can proceed to the lunch table where a URC team member will provide you with a boxed lunch. If you are attending the Open House as a requirement and/or extra credit for a course, we will also provide you will confirmation of your attendance to submit to your professor.
Attendee Registration - Registration opening soon.
Are You Interested in Presenting?
Presenting at the Research Open House is a great opportunity for students to communicate their research and creative projects to the MTSU campus community, engage with other scholars, learn about research and creative activities taking place on campus, and receive feedback on poster presentations. Also, the URC offers poster printing, free of charge! Lunch will be provided for presenters.
Presenter Registration & Free Poster Printing Sign-up - Registration opening soon.
Still have questions? Contact: Dr. Jamie Burriss - Jamie.Burriss@mtsu.edu
2020 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Open House
The Undergraduate Research Center hosted its second annual Open House on Nov. 10, 2020, both in-person and virtually showcasing poster presentations by recent Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) recipients. This hybrid event offered attendees an equal opportunity to learn about URECA student's experiences in mentored research.
MTSU News coverage of the 2020 event! Read the article below.
2019 Undergraduate Research and Creative Activity Open House
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs and the Undergraduate Research Center hosted its second annual Open House on Nov. 15, 2019 showcasing poster presentations by recent Undergraduate Research Experience and Creative Activity (URECA) recipients. Attendees had an opportunity to talk one-on-one with student researchers and learn about their experiences in mentored research.